View Single Post
Old 11-25-11, 11:53 AM   #660
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
This is not really a problem with Skyrim but more a problem with how windows 7 timers work
if you want more info on the why and how look up Time Stamp Counter and PM Timer

but forcing win7 to use the PM Timer only will allow you to run skyrim with "iPresentInterval = 0" without the funky side effects

Dont do this blindly go and read about it first a good round up of info can be found here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=19335129

under the HPET Tweak! section

windows tweak is as follows

Cmd run as admin

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Log off/reboot

As i said go read about it FIRST,if you dont and do it blindly & it ****s up your system dont blame me
I don't get why so many people want vsync off. If it's smoothness and frame rate consistence you're worried about, just force triple buffering and call it a day (that's what I did). Personally, I can't stand the tearing in games with vsync off.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote