View Single Post
Old 11-25-11, 03:56 PM   #666
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
VSync adds display lag, that's just a fact. There is no disputing this. If you don't notice it that's one thing, but it's always there and many people do notice. Triple Buffering can help alleviate this lag, but it doesn't eliminate it, and the setting in both the Ati and Nvidia control panels are OpenGL only, they don't do anything in DX, so if you are using it there it's not doing what you think it is.

The bottom line is that if you don't notice it, or don't mind it, more power to you. But many people do and that's why they don't use it. It's no different than using AA, AF, a faster hz monitor, or any number of other settings to make your game play experience more enjoyable.
Huh. I don't notice, even in BF3. I must getting old...
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote