View Single Post
Old 12-24-03, 09:06 AM   #35
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally posted by Malfunction
If you are the same zakelwe from xtremesystems, then I greatly appreciate your conclusions and efforts on testing limits. Without people like you, we would still be in the dark about what is obtainable and what's not.

Peace brudda and rawk on!

Hey thanks for the kind words, it is me, though compared to some over there I'm pretty moderate. I do have a wide selection of nvidia cards though and sort have a feel for most of them. I'm still working my way up to the expensive ones.

Good news on the 5800 front, it arrived today Christmas Eve, so I have wrapped it up and my wife has promised to pay for it for my Chritmas present. I told her it was 250 although it is 230 ( I hope she is not reading this ) LOL. What a bargain ! I hope she likes her socks.

Although a lot of people have mentioned the 5800 taking two slots and the heat the first thing I noticed was how heavy it was. Since dunking the dustbuster for internal cooling it is massive and heavy.

My card is a Mercury ! The Roman God of Speed ( or was it the Greek God of False Marketing ? ) . Never heard of them actually, mine is built in China.

I'll do some FRAPS testing on Christmas day and see if it it will do SOF2 / C&C quicker than the 4800SE at 320/650. I'm sort of hoping to go from 1024x768 up to 1280x1024 with a bit of AF and maybe even AA!

At the end of the day, if you are getting slightly better resolutions and slightly better IQ and slightly better frame rates then you can't complain.

Regards

Andy
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote