View Single Post
Old 12-11-11, 02:54 PM   #28
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Spike VGA awards are on

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Same could be said about BF3 and other games as well. Just sayin.
In the general viewpoint, yes. it can be said about absolutely anything. why do people continue to get new iphones, it is still a phone. Why do people continue to buy new models of cars? Its still a car...
It is all about the details and progression
Quake 3 is exactly the same as Quake 2: a sci-fi future based twitch fps... But lets take a look at the details, one is completely mp-oriented, and the other one isn't. One pushed the graphics enveloped in a major way (actually both of them did, no?). The experience was totally different from one to the next.
Now for me, BC2 was the first battlefield game, and BF3 did everything that I listed above. Sure some things BC2 did better, but in general, BF3, for me, WAS a step forward. Going from Cod4 to MW2 DID NOT feel like a developmental step forward. It did not feel like they took the experience of Cod4 to a new level. Obviously graphically it was not a step forward. For console gamers, they really don't have too much of a choice for MP FPS, so they kindda have to stick with call of duty franchise. Others enjoy the gaming experience, and obviously that's totally fine.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote