View Single Post
Old 12-11-11, 05:16 PM   #75
Rollo

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Wow- I think that speaks volumes of where nVidia is. That they're no longer just a GPU company. I can't believe that they'd go that long without a competitive release. They're practically handing the victory to AMD by delaying their parts for that long. Going off of that chart AMD will have close to 8 months with zero competition in the low end and mainstream, and up to 6 months with nothing competing with their high-end. I suspect GK112 will out perform the Radeon 7990 or whatever but will that be enough to off set the 7990 being available 6 months earlier?

I just get the impression nVidia isn't worried about remaining uber-competitive in the high-end discrete GPU market. They've got their focus else where is what seems to be happening.
No doubt! Did you hear about how they fired their lead GPU designer, and the whole GPU PR and marketing team?

Oops...my bad! That was ATi.....

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]