View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 01:07 PM   #82
Rollo

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
That depends on wich games you play to allow 3D screens with 1 card and remain playable, and the hardware gets faster and faster over time anyhow, with AMD's next big launch in mid january, and looking promising btw(possibily close to the speed of an HD6990 in a single GPU card), and the dual GPU variant of this monster in march.....So where is kepler?
We were talking about single GPU surround, and unless you have the very highest ATi GPU it would seem pointless to me. (and limited at the highest) I say this as a person who's played lots of 1080p surround on dual 560Ti 2GB cards- a considerably more potent rig than a 6970. Beats me where Kepler is, but we have no valid launch date for next gen ATi either.

Quote:
As for physics, you got your answer with bullet and not being tied to a specific vendor being it's main atraction to developers....They like open standards that work on every card.
Devs like open standards? You listed a couple Bullet games. I have around 15 PhysX games. I guess devs prefer physX, and likely will even more with the version 3 toolkit.

Quote:
As for 3D viewing, it seems Samsung showed a prototype 27" LCD where it has a built in camera on it's outer frame that's precise enough to follow eye movement and send different data to each eye, wich means not wearing any dorky looking 3D glasses anymore( they are ugly ****ers even in version 2.0).
Oh, a prototype at a tech show. So like I said, ATi doesn't really have any competitng 3d, you're just trying to say the 3d of the future will be better? OK, I'll buy that. The CPUs, cars, cameras, stereos, every thing else of the future will likely be better too.

Quote:
As for using 3D viewing across 3 LCD screens, i don't think that's even possible unless you grow a third eyeball so that specific information is sent from each specific display to each eyeball, so the system has to be radically different and not based on current tech at all( holographic display perhaps?) .
You should come over to my house and try it. I do it every week, and like it so much I bought 5 more 3d monitors (NVIDIA gave me one) to do just that.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...g,2672-10.html

Quote:
In games that are “3D Vision-ready,” the experience is as profound as going from a 2D VGA card to a 3D graphics accelerator. I BS you not. If this technology didn’t have such a steep barrier to entry in its cost, I can guarantee you’d be all over it.
You know what reviewers say about ATi's 3d?

Quote:
ATi 3d sucks.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]