View Single Post
Old 12-13-11, 07:30 PM   #103
shadow001

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Personally I think the 7970 is ATi's swan song in the enthusiast market, and that when "Project Win" is released next quarter the new exit CEO is going to speak of a "new direction".

Given their last two enthusiast launches, the Blowdryer 6990 and the BeefDozer, I can't say as I blame him. A guy coming into the company from the outside business world has to look at this junk and think "WTF? They actually paid people money to create this?"

I'll give it to you that the bulldozer didn't live up to expectations given that it had been mentioned for the past 5 years in rumors, but as far as a dual GPU releases from both companies, neither should talk too much since both cards exceed the PCI-e consortiums power limit standard of 300 watts to begin with, so they are both not PCI-e certified period...

And frankly, if noise is that much of a concern and considering that either graphics card isn't cheap, both should be water cooled anyhow....I did it with my GTX580's and it was labour intensive and not cheap in the least, but the silence, lower temperatures(55*C max load), and extra overclockability i got from doing it was well worth it(950 Mhz core on all 3 cards)...

So nice attempt at damage control seeing that Nvidia hasn't mentioned anything with regards to kepler, but for those who do buy their hardware with their own money, your BS doesn't fly.....I've had great gaming experiences with both ATI/AMD and Nvidia graphics cards in the past 15 years, plain and simple...