View Single Post
Old 12-14-11, 06:15 PM   #119
shadow001

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
LOL

"My vaporware rumors have more substance than your vaporware rumors!"

Of course, out in the real world, about half of the people will buy ATi cards, half will buy NVIDIA, and what we say on the forums won't matter at all.

Vaporware rumors with a litte over 3 weeks to go in ATI's case though is my point....

Bottom line is that i've had both ATI and Nvidia video cards at any given time when one had the lead over the other, be it in performance terms or when one was released well ahead of the other and the performance increase substancial enough....I wait for no hardware company nor care for either one.....Who ever has it out first and hits it's performance mark gets my vote, plain and simple.

Let's face it, when GPU makers are in the process of releasing GPU's with 4~5 billion transistors, it simply can't suck in any aspect....This isn't the early 2000's where GPU's only had a little over 100 million transistors....We're at a point where they're 40 times higher on transistor budget, and not just for games anymore, and i'm thinking of using at least 3 of these monsters in my system....Overkill, yup but that's the way i like it...