View Single Post
Old 12-14-11, 08:35 PM   #38
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: Graphics or Gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
IMO PC gamers get the exact quality of a console game (maybe a few less jaggies, but who cares?), so why waste your time tweaking and modding? Why spend hundreds of dollars upgrading hardware when you don't get a huge step up in quality? I felt like I was throwing my money away TBH. I agree that PC gaming should be a huge step above what consoles are putting out, but it's not the case IMO. It doesn't get the time and attention on the programming side. Most programmers are going the console way and I think everyone sees that just in the quality of what's coming out today.

I remember making a case for the "mods" but honestly, there has not been a single mod I could think of to make that kind of case that I honestly enjoyed. Most mods I've played seem like amateur hour and alpha-staged garbage.

Mostly because it's a hobby for most people who tweak and mod their PC/Games. Why do I modify my car? Because it's a hobby and something I enjoy doing. If none of that interested me I would probably own a console. Also, all of my friends play PC games and we all have LAN parties together too. Plus, I can't stand using a controller.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote