View Single Post
Old 12-15-11, 03:29 PM   #123
Razor1

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i SPY View Post
And? that doesnt really mean anything,. From what i've seen most movie/animation game ports use havok or bullet anyway, very few chose physx or more precisely Hardware physx. heh i wonder why xD

Now If it were like it suppose to be from the start namely Physx 3.0, then i would mind it much.. Well its still not so efficient like bullet, but hey better this than that crippled on purpose x87 code physx 2.x.x port.
There are two reasons that we are concidering using PhysX for many upcoming projects, Business reasons (time to market) and dev, its not as straight forward as you seem to think it is.

Quote:
Check this GCN architecture preview and you will see a big similarity, the main thing is unified simd core just like any NV gpu since G80.

Yes its gpu too (pixel fillrate is holding it back), I tested cpu benchmark (ice level) with disabled gpu intensive fx, except physics/particles and got avg 87fps.
Interesting but it looks like they have cut down on total number of ALU's with their new design based on the diagrams (512 ALU's total)

You do release gpu intensive fx mainly effects the ALU's not the fillrates.