View Single Post
Old 12-17-11, 12:59 AM   #46
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I really want to start playing this- but it's that $15 a month that is ruining it for me and honestly what killed it for me in WoW.

My best friend and his family play League of Legends quite regularly. I've not played it but from what I gather it is free to play. You can purchase items in game however to help build up your characters with real money or money earned in game. It takes longer by earning the gear and abilities, or you can just speed through and purchase everything with real cash.

From what I understand that is a system I more support. I honestly hope Star Wars heads that direction. I can't see a monthly subscription surviving much longer imo.
I was in the beta and it was a lot of fun, ran really well despite no local servers, but I'm the same as you Deemed' no looking for a monthly commitment just yet. Having said that I know the costs of games like can be astronomical, both their the servers and the game content, for TOR to survive I think it'll have to follow the WoW system.

I still watch the intros from time to time, maybe in the new year I'll join up for reals. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote