View Single Post
Old 12-19-11, 01:17 PM   #126
shadow001

Default Re: ATi 7000 series delayed till Q1 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Well, we were talking about your predictions of doom for NVIDIA, but as you mention mine for ATi:

1. ATi sold their company after years of losing money and no longer exists. AMD bought their assets. The end of ATi already came.
2. AMD has been falling toward the same fate for years, they make stock analyst lists of companies not likely to survive the year, and the press (including their biggest fansites) wonder about their ability to go on. So I'm not exactly alone in my opinions there either.

You're the one starting "Here comes the pain" threads, and predicting doom for NVIDIA. I'm merely noting why it's not likely. I started this thread to note that the shift to a new die size was going to delay AMDs next gen part, which it did.

I guess if facts are a joke to you, laugh on.

That's pure conjecture on your part buddy, as when i mentioned "bringing the pain" it was exclusively related to releasing these new video cards at 28nm well ahead of Nvidia and outperforming the best single GPU card they currently market by a pretty large margin in my book, just like they did with the 40nm process...See a pattern here?.

There were no projections on my part of Nvidia failing as a company period, that's you flat out lying to prove a point, so don't bull**** like that if you please....

Say what you will about AMD's struggles with their CPU division and i'd completely agree, but the graphics division is kicking butt, plain and simple.