View Single Post
Old 12-21-11, 07:22 PM   #155
Redeemed

Default Re: ATi 7000 series delayed till Q1 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
So, you don't care about money spent in power savings, but you care about buying a gpu that has the same performance as your 5870, but uses less power... uh...

Have you followed the prices of any past ATI launches? The 5870 launched at MSRP, then went up $50 and stayed there for a long time, almost till the 6970 launch. The same thing happened with the 6970. They just recently started to come down in price.

That's like buying a Ferrari, and only using the first two gears.

So, you don't care about power cost again, but you care about power use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
If I owned where I lived electricity consumption would not concern me.

However I do not. I'm renting from my best friend. And I don't care enough about this to argue over it with him. If he wants me to have a small electric foot print even when it seems illogical then I'll do so. It really doesn't matter.

Not only that I've yet to find a game in my library that this 5870 can't play at 1920 x 1200. Only play DX:HR right now but even while underclocked as far as CCC will allow this 5870 demolishes DX:HR all maxed in-game settings. Well, my opinion of "demolishes" that is. Haven't had fraps running while playing but I've yet to see any slow downs that have interfered with gameplay.

If the 7 series doesn't offer what I'm hoping for, I'll just not upgrade.

It's amazing how quickly "know-it-alls" such as your self jump to conclusions. Why is my decisions of any concern to you? I see your post as nothing more than bait to attempt to build up nVidia some how- you always seem to have an agenda to that end.