View Single Post
Old 12-21-11, 06:46 PM   #157
Rollo

Default Re: ATi 7000 series delayed till Q1 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
If I owned where I lived electricity consumption would not concern me.

However I do not. I'm renting from my best friend. And I don't care enough about this to argue over it with him. If he wants me to have a small electric foot print even when it seems illogical then I'll do so. It really doesn't matter.

Not only that I've yet to find a game in my library that this 5870 can't play at 1920 x 1200. Only play DX:HR right now but even while underclocked as far as CCC will allow this 5870 demolishes DX:HR all maxed in-game settings. Well, my opinion of "demolishes" that is. Haven't had fraps running while playing but I've yet to see any slow downs that have interfered with gameplay.

If the 7 series doesn't offer what I'm hoping for, I'll just not upgrade.

It's amazing how quickly "know-it-alls" such as your self jump to conclusions. Why is my decisions of any concern to you? I see your post as nothing more than bait to attempt to build up nVidia some how- you always seem to have an agenda to that end.
TBH, when I saw your post my first instinct was to post "Are you CRAZY?!" because we've discussed your finances and you have a pretty good card now in the 5870.

The only reason I didn't is because I didn't want a bunch of "Teh devil Rollo is telling a guy who wants to buy an ATi card not to!" posts.

If you really feel like you're missing something with the 5870, nab a 6950 for cheap once these parts launch in a couple weeks. At 19X10 and console optimized games $500 video cards are waste on the order of cocaine for you.

Happy Holidays Redeemed, and no offense intended. Mostly I was just shocked I agree with Roadie on the power issue.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]