View Single Post
Old 12-22-11, 09:48 AM   #24
cmsmith

Default Re: Official Radeon 7970 Review and discussion thread

You know, I just thought of something...

Windows 8 is just around the corner. I'm not under the impression the next version of DX will be released with it but you've got to think it isn't to far away. I wonder when exactly it will be out? I'm asking because I would hate to spend a bunch of money on this card, or Nvidia's Keplar, and it be rendered obsolete by a new DX release shortly after the purchase since the cards wouldn't be designed for DX 12 or whatever it will be.

Then again, if DX12 were to come out it will be out towards the end of 2012. Taking into account it will be at least a year later until a game comes out to properly take advantage of it, maybe this isn't such a huge deal as that is basically two years.

I was kicking around getting one of these cards, or perhaps wait for Keplar, to replace my GTX580. But now that I think about, I think I'll wait. After all, BF3 is really the only game I play and my 580 plays the game fine with everything maxed out. I'm not even overclocking or anything and it still runs fine. So why bother?

Last edited by cmsmith; 12-22-11 at 09:50 AM. Reason: adding text
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote