View Single Post
Old 12-29-11, 03:12 PM   #3213
ViN86

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Thanks for the info. I won't use Steam in that case. Closing Origin manually every time is just stupid. It's almost 2012, this stuff shouldn't happen!
Origin is getting better. The install process is much smoother now with less user interaction. More Apple and Steam like, the way it should be nowadays.
Still, in my opinion, Origin is just an unnecessary additional layer.

I was hoping I could get around it by directly starting Battlelog in Firefox but it still launches Origin for no reason at all.
No problem.

Origin is to BF3 like Steam is Steamworks games: DRM. BF3 requires Origin to play, because that's what makes sure you can run the game. I agree that Origin is an unnecessary layer, but from EA's standpoint it makes sense. They have a large library of games, and this allows them to release updates and things on their schedule, without Valve's approval. That saves time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Is there any way to bring in your steam friends list or at least see which friends on teh steam list are also on origin?

I still haven't gotten the damn game yet. It's STILL $60 :/
Well, you missed multiple sales over the past few months. Limited Edition was $50 at one point, and I've seen the regular game as low as $40.

As for friends on Steam vs. Origin, you can't tell unless they add BF3 to Steam via adding the Origin process and renaming. The friends lists aren't/can't be integrated automatically.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote