View Single Post
Old 01-03-12, 06:47 AM   #185
Rollo

Default Re: Official Radeon 7970 Review and discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Note that it says GT 600 series. Not GTX. They are launching mid range first, which won't beat what AMD has in any way. Real kepler that people want still seems to be set for 3Q 2012.
Actually it says "GT 600 series" it doesn't say mid range, low, or high end. It's a good bet you don't know if mid range or high end is launching first as I don't.

You also don't know if mid range Kepler will equal or beat the 7970, or what NVIDIA will be launching in Q3.

Nice attempt to post guesses as fact though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Also, maybe you, being in NVs pocket, had a 480 in march, but the rest of us had to wait until april to get any in real stores. In fact I think it was april 12th when they actually launched from vendors.
The 7970 was supposed to launch last year, and was paper launched in the last week of the year.

The 7950 was delayed a second time till next month.

I think everyone can see there are supply problems with this launch. It would have happened last November if not.

Now we have rumors it's not a fully functional launch as well, just like the GTX480. Apparently ATi couldn't build enough fully functional cores even for it's delayed paper launch.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote