Thread: Bored...
View Single Post
Old 01-03-12, 05:12 PM   #8
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Mass Effect I do plan to pick up. As I've already said 3rd person shooters aren't my preferred type of game but I can still enjoy them, and the Mass Effect games sound like I'd like them a lot. X3 I know very little about. Is it first or third person, and does it have a very well done SP campaign? If so I'll have to look into it. Skyrim I can get free through work once Bethesda has verified the copy of my pay stub I've sent to them. Oblivion consumed far more hours of my life than I'd care to admit, and I'm sure Skyrim will do the same once I get it.
Mass Effect is one of the few games that got the third person right.

If you don't know anything about X3, use the google machine. I'm not going to spoon feed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
But as you pointed out with your last sentence that seems to be the new trend. People seem to enjoy the hectic battles of modern MP games like CoD and BF. Old school SP gamers such as myself are fading out is what it comes down to. There will always be SP titles but they'll be much less than they were some years ago. Think I'm just lamenting is what it boils down to. It seems very few gamers feel as I do anymore. Kinda' sucks as I may have to find a new "primary" hobby. I've been feeling this way for years but haven't really pursued anything else. Probably time to.
No, people enjoy being social and playing games with their friends. Not sitting all alone and playing SP by their self all the time. Really, if you can't find a good SP game today you should just give up gaming all together as there are tons out there... Hell, the ones I mentioned you even said you were interested in but never tried, so how can you say there are no SP games?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote