Re: NFL Blitz is BACK
So Blitz is finally out. I was able to get up a few minutes earlier this morning and sneak in a quick game. Here are my quick impressions:
1) Controls were a little odd at first. It's a shame you can't edit them. Not a huge deal but it would be nice.
2) Graphics are great! Just what I expected from this department.
3) Announcers are a little weak as others have mentioned compared to NBA Jam and older Blitz titles.
4) Not real concerned about the missing late hits.
5) This is a little nit-picky on my part. In older Blitz titles, when you selected a play, you could snap the ball in a split millisecond. With the new Blitz game, you have to wait a few seconds for the players to "get ready" and for the yardage info to move off the screen before you can snap the ball. IMO, the faster the gameplay the better. This could be fixed but I don't expect this much from EA; sorry, just being honest.
6) Gameplay is definitely slower compared to previous Blitz titles as others have mentioned. Could be a little faster.
7) Sound is spot on. No complaints here.
8) What's up with the super easy difficulty for the "Play Now" mode? I just tore up the Saints, being the Titans, 42-3. WTF?
Seriously though, I love the game and I think it's going to get a lot of my free time but the speed of the game is a big deal to me and a lot of other players. At least let us snap the ball right after we pick a play.
Anybody else get it?