Thread: SuSe 9 help
View Single Post
Old 12-27-03, 02:54 PM   #7
SuLinUX

ok great, now that driver we need to make executable as they dont always come where you can just click and run it.Right click on the file and properties, permissions and tick Exec in the user box.

Make note of where you downloaded the driver to i.e /home/mayusername would be good place .
Now, You can do this without restarting but as your new lets do it this way, restart Suse and pick "safe settings" and it will aload up with writing, you should then be at the prompt.

Login as root then password, type cd /where the driver is, i.e cd /home/myusername, this will put you in that directory.Now type sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4620-pkg1.run and follow the instructions(if it ask for go to nvidia wesite for a precomiled kernel jusy say no)

When it's finsihed and your back to the command line type sax2 -m 0=nvidia , now setup your monitor and resolutions and test it by clicking finalize.

Now you dont need to restart but i'm to sure if it keeps the safe settings(no UDMA ect) so I do.
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0

Last edited by SuLinUX; 12-27-03 at 03:00 PM.
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote