View Single Post
Old 01-12-12, 01:00 PM   #31
Redeemed

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Open mouth, spout nonsense, per usual. 480>580 is not a core redesign. Google "tick tock launch strategy", return and post smarter.
You should practice what you preach. The 7970 is considerably faster than the 6970. It is not considerably faster than the 580.

You spout off nVidia's feature-set as if everybody on the planet desires those features- that is not the case. PhysX is impleneted in very few titles, same with proper 3D surround support. Furthermore if it weren't for AMD's eyefinity nVidia would not have 3D Surround yet. Why would they? AMD was first to offer a surround form of gaming, nVidia had to follow suit.

These are all fringe features though that very few gamers actually care about. And honestly I don't think nVidia is nearly as focused on GPU development from a gaming stand-point as they used to be. The company is moving into a different direction and likely for the better. PC Gaming as we all love it, is not dying but it is not as profitable as it once was. Consoles have eaten up a great deal of that profit, those are the new premier gaming platform. Not the PC. Consoles will continue this lead imo, leaving the PC to trail behind even though from a raw power stand point it is vastly the superior platform. Consumers don't care about that. They don't care about dumping tons of money into their computer just to play a video game. They're far too concerned with other matters. More real matters. Like maybe getting out of debt, or purchasing a newer car, or improving their home, or saving for a vacation or to go back to school, etc. Having a computer that you always upgrade with rediculously expensive hardware is no longer as popular as it once was. Upgrading and tweaking your computer will never die out entirely but it is losing popularity. Especially with the performance offered by computers now days.

AMD is a business, not a charity. Same with nVidia. Need I bring up all the dirty marketing they used back in the GeForce FX days? You think they'd not do the same today if they released such a crap-tacular GPU? You think their hearts are set on what's best for their customers?

I don't even know why I bother replying to you it's just going to be some more pro-nVidia and anti-AMD garbage. You are to nVidia what Mowtin is to liberalism and Obama. Why I even bother to read your posts escapes me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote