View Single Post
Old 10-06-02, 11:16 AM   #3
Chojin

Hi Thunderbird,

thanks for your fast reply

Quote:
First of all Fast Writes and SBA can be very unstable on some chipsets. (not on all anymore)
Yeah, I read that.. But I thought I'll give it a try, since it's running very smooth on my window$ box with a KT133a chipset and a geForce 3. And maybe I can get a few more frames per second on this SiS735 with geForce 2 for UT2003 =)

Quote:
For stability reasons these options are most of the time disabled. To use them you can load the kernel module with special options. Like the one you used (NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1). You can also edit os-registry.c of the kernel module source.
Well, NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1 didn't enable Fast Write for me. Reading through os-registry.c I'm think changing the 0 to 1 won't change anything either, because the module parameter NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1 is overwriting that variable anyway :-/

Quote:
For both ways you need to load the kernel module and then startx. After a start of X agp is initialized.
Sure, on my lfs I have no xdm or something running.

I of course reloaded the driver (with no running X), but no change in /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/*.

I now guess it's not activated because /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge says it's not supported.

So still, my question, where is /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge getting it's info on wether Fast Write is supported or not ? Is it reading from the used AGP implemenation ?

Since the Option "NvAGP" set to 1 or 2 is not changing anything (and I for sure have agpgart (not loaded for 1 and loaded for 2), either both AGP support-implementation don't want Fast Write on a SiS 735 or the nvidia driver doesn't.

Still, any comments are very welcome

Regards,
Marc
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote