View Single Post
Old 01-15-12, 11:54 AM   #25
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Default Re: Steam support SUCKS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
What do you mean? If you buy a game, and then a week (or a year) later your account gets suspended for whatever reason, Visa will give you back your money? Do they always do this? Cause if they give you money back, and they don't rip it out of Gabe's hands, where does it come from?
For a period of 1 year you get purchase protection so if they suspend your account and limit your access to something you paid for, you contest the charges and they claw the money back from either valve if you bought from steam or the retailer if you bought from wally world.

I'm guessing you've never used the purchase protection on your credit card, or you don't have a fancy card that offers it.

It's not a solution for everyone..but it does provide some protection for consumers who have these type of cards.

I have used it a few times and Visa does not mess around when it comes to supporting the card holder. I contested a charge once and had the credit within 24hrs however most times it takes 3 business days.
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote