View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 01:29 PM   #78
shadow001

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
We've seen two rumor sites post about Kepler in the last week that "might" be credible: Digitimes and ChipHell.

One said there would competing parts out next month, the other in March or April. If either is true, this counts as "soon" in the years long lifecycle of a GPU's development.

People that cannot wait for their new parts should probably buy a 7970.

For me, there's nothing my 580s or 590 won't run fine, so I can wait a bit to see what the better part is.

The main problem here is that you're still assuming they'll start with the high end part first, when it's becoming more aparent that it'll be the midrange version being released...The replacement for the GTX560 being the first of the "Kepler" series in this case.

The dual GPU GK110 cards and highest end GK 112 single GPU being Q4 2012 or even early 2013, and if true Nvidia just handed the high end GPU market to ATI on a silver platter, and no matter how you cut it, slice it or dice it, that's not a short time period at all...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote