View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 01:35 PM   #79
Rollo

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
The main problem here is that you're still assuming they'll start with the high end part first, when it's becoming more aparent that it'll be the midrange version being released...The replacement for the GTX560 being the first of the "Kepler" series in this case.

The dual GPU GK110 cards and highest end GK 112 single GPU being Q4 2012 or even early 2013, and if true Nvidia just handed the high end GPU market to ATI on a silver platter, and no matter how you cut it, slice it or dice it, that's not a short time period at all...
Sigh.
Again, i have access to info and people you do not as I'm under NDA with NVIDIA.

But also again, I think you and Ninja Prime should buy some 7970s asap! With the high end market for 2012 totally abandoned by NVIDIA, you might as well buy now, buy many!

Everyone else I advise to wait a bit.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote