View Single Post
Old 01-18-12, 06:40 AM   #34
Bah!

Default Re: Steam support SUCKS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
let me stop you right there. the bank payment did not go through and he had the game. in steam's eyes, he shoplifted. if you buy something at a store and walk out when the card machine says "declined", what do you call that? lets say the credit card machine said approved, and you walk out, and then it declines. would you say you still shoplifted? i think that's pretty much what happened. did you bother to check if the funds have been removed from your account right after you bought the game?
Fine he didn't pay for that particular item, but your analogy fails when you consider they suspended his entire account, which was full of items he DID pay for. What they should have done is just remove the game from his account, not lock his entire account complete with every game he has ever purchased.

This is why I don't like the monopoly that Steam is becoming. One stupid little incident like this and you are at their mercy. I don't care what people say about Steam, having a single company in control of your entire gaming catalog is a bad idea.

This is why I don't buy multi-player games on Steam. I'm not going to allow some company to take away games that I paid for, regardless of their reasons. With single-player games there are ways to play without Steam, with multi-player you're just screwed.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote