View Single Post
Old 01-18-12, 03:02 PM   #9
ViN86

Default Re: Wozniak: My iPhone can't do what my Android can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
My question is why should you HAVE to tweak and tinker to get a device that works like it should? It's almost like you have to tinker with Android phones to get them to a stable and usable state. My iPhone has had the ringtone and wallpaper changed, that's it, no tinkering involved and it's perfect; no slowdowns, zero issues.

I've been in the IT business for a little while now and while I should "want" to tinker like all the other geeks, I think it's just a huge waste of time. Lots of other things in life that I would rather devote my time to. Just being honest.

I'm honestly not trolling here but it seems like manufacturers hand you a half-arsed phone with bloatware and expect you to do the rest of the job. "So I spend $200-$300 on this phone and it's only half way ready for me to use? You mean I have to tweak it to get the right memory settings just so I don't have slowdowns on my PDFs or apps? Guess I'll root and flash just to get rid of this bloat." Screw that noise. I say do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

/phone rant

I've got mah flamesuit on for you guys
That's fine, then don't buy an Android phone. I want control over my hardware, so I choose Android. My Android phone is essentially a computer. Your iPhone is a phone with web access. But if that's all you need, then more power to you.

Also, most of these problems are the result of carriers trying to put new versions of Android on older hardware (crashes, slowdowns, etc.). Phone hardware has come a long way in the past couple years. It's their fault for being too aggressive with releases on their phones.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote