Thread: 7970 CF issues
View Single Post
Old 01-19-12, 02:34 PM   #63
shadow001

Default Re: 7970 CF issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Very true. However, NVIDIA's are not so bad that they have caused a rash of video card reviewers to write articles about all the problems they're having.
This is a GOOD thing shadow. We want buyers to be informed with good information, not just go out and buy 2-4 7970s only to have their favorite game not run or have no scaling because they're lucky enough to have a 25X16 monitor.

Your attitude of "They should just buy the cards because there are driver issues with some games on other cards!" is very puzzling.

AFAIK you don't have any 25X16 monitors, so you'll only be able to tell us about the games that do/don't work.
(not to mention all rigs are unique , you might not try the same games, etc)

The 7970s appear to have faceplanted on the driver front, on top of not offering enough performance to make someone like me with 3GB GTX580s have any reason to change whatsoever. Even if NVIDIA didn't launch anything this year I'd basically have the same gaming experience as a 7970 CF owner with the added advatages of Physx, more robust 3d, 3d surround, forced AO, and CUDA apps.

And here I was hoping ATi would give me a reason to switch back.

I have 3 2560*1440 monitors actually, so they're only 160 pixels less in the vertical aspect compared to 30" LCD's that display 2560*1600, and will run them at 7880*1440(bezel compensated)....Is that hard core enough to really test the mettle of a 4 way HD7970 setup?

And since i do own a triple GTX580 SLI setup, heavily overclocked and water cooled, i have a full colection of results from all the games i benchmarked over the past year, so it's a good starting point for comparison....Basically you base your opinion on internet reviews and opinions, while i'll actually have them installed in my system and seeing first hand what they can and can't do...

You and switching back to ATI was never going to happen no matter how good the card would be period....You're too far in love with Nvidia to "betray" them, even more so because you get free hardware from them, so you're hardly impartial to begin with...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote