View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 06:14 PM   #87
ViN86

Default Re: Honestly, why iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
No it's not strange at all. It's perfect for development. Just like the Retina display on the iPhone 4 compared to the previous models. It's what Steve Jobs aimed for and I hope Apple keeps this run going! They're also going for this type of doubled resolution for the next MacBook Pros, at least on some models, according to rumors. Some graphical elements in OS X are available in those resolutions for quite a while already.

Compare that to Android where you have to support tons of screens and resolutions, that's annoying.
What does that have to do with what I was saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
That seems like a strange decision, given that low yields and exorbitant prices could reduce sales.
It's much easier to produce small high pixel density screens than larger ones. If the iPad 3 costs as much as an ultra-portable laptop, I don't see the point.

Don't get me wrong, I love high resolution screens. I think it's awesome that they want to use that screen in their tablet, but you cut the size of your sales base when you potentially add $100-$200 to an already high pricetag.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote