View Single Post
Old 01-26-12, 09:48 AM   #554
ViN86

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium nate View Post
would be nice if i could get help from someone one on the internet with this crap besides hearing o just buy it sthu... really sick of this idk yth i want to get this to run so bad i really don't.... i get it installed into vmware workstation 8 like im supposed to and i go to power it on and it hangs at the grey apple logo screen all this crap is really pissing me off
Well the method I posted for VMWare or regular installation requires you to have an Intel CPU. You, nate, need a modified kernel, which comes from those hackintosh distros out there.

Google some sites or go check out Insanely Mac forums. There are a lot of sites out there, just search for "hackintosh amd snow leopard vmware" or some combination of those words.

And if you get frustrated easily, this whole hackintosh thing probably isn't for you. I bought Lion back in July 2011, and I just found a way to install it on my Dell laptop a few weeks ago. So, patience is key. You have to keep taking baby steps until you get to where you want and it can be very confusing and frustrating.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote