View Single Post
Old 01-28-12, 08:44 PM   #1
Rollo

Default TechReport: Very poor driver support for ATi 3d

http://techreport.com/articles.x/22350/9

Quote:
AMD, meanwhile, suffers from a fragmented hardware ecosystem and patchy support for even major titles. Battlefield 3 still has visual bugs with the latest driver release, and Arkham City lacks proper support of any kind right now. More worryingly, we encountered a rendering bug in Portal 2, a game that's been out for over nine months and really ought to work without issues at this point.
Quote:
I will, however, suggest that you favor 3D Vision 2 until HD3D's patchy game compatibility is, er, less patchy. There's really no sense in going through all the trouble of building a stereo gaming rig only to encounter compatibility problems in every other game.
Man! More terrible driver problems with an ATi gaming solution.

When I saw this I thought to myself,"What if some friend from over on NVNEWS was thinking of buying one of those new 7970s and jumping on the 3d bandwagon?! That would lead to nothing but frustration!"

So in the spirit of helping and spreading valid information as reported by reputable websites, I posted it here.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote