View Single Post
Old 01-29-12, 05:53 PM   #184
Rollo

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Then you can't tell people to wait either, because it'll be released on a given date, and will perform at this level since you don't know either, basically the rule for proven and substanciated information works in both directions, not just for other people but you as well....The link i posted is just a rumor too, and never suggested it as fact....All Nvidia can do right now is put up with a non ideal situation where their competitor got their next generation part out the door first(it's already happened a few times to be honest), and they can only fire back when they have something to actually show and until that point in time, just stay quiet...
(shrugs)

The scraps of info I collected lead me to believe people would be better off waiting.

That said, if someone really needs a video card right now for some reason the 7970s are fastest. I just think that pretty soon they're not going to look like a $550 card. ATi is profiting while they can, which is to be expected.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote