View Single Post
Old 01-30-12, 09:34 PM   #125
ViN86

Default Re: The Official HD 6000 Series Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
That'll be a nice setup, ViN. I've contemplated going with 6970 Crossfire or a single 7970 as I can't afford two 7970s right now and am looking for some significant GPU power to max out Skyrim plus mods with. Been out of the game for almost two years now but have a lot of experience with both Crossfire and SLI. I like Crossfire better because it tends to scale better in most titles. I saw near 100% scaling in plenty of games when I had my 4870s, and when I went to quad-Crossfire that dropped to around 50%. Doesn't look like things have changed that much after reading through some recent reviews.

The only problem I ever had with Crossfire was getting it to scale on my HDTV. Sometimes the second card wouldn't scale at all. Then, hooked up to a PC monitor, fine. Odd scaling issues with my TV, though. I hope that ATi has improved their HDTV support from what it used to be because it used to be really spotty.
Thanks Xion. Just got my first card installed today. Should be getting the second sometime next week.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote