View Single Post
Old 02-01-12, 05:46 PM   #11
|MaguS|

Default Re: Check your battle.net accounts - D3 beta approvals sent out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
i hated identifying stuff. I say good for them for taking that headache out. micromanaging stat points wasn't my idea of fun in d2 either.

I had a couple of really devastating hammerdins I built but there wasn't a lot of fun to it... just grind through dungeons for XP to put points towards skills and try to find unique weapons/armor/items that catered towards my build. It was a micromanaging stats build simulator with no real fun or game to it.

that was all after I played through it a couple of times without really paying much attention to what I was doing with stats and stuff and THAT was when I had fun playing it.
Then clearly you really weren't into Diablo 2 then. And again you still need to Identify stuff, just now it doesn't cost you anything but a cool down, my question is why even put unidentified items in the game if all it takes is a right click to identify them. It sounds to me they kept it in the game just to add that Diablo feel without actual gameplay reasoning behind it.

And stats are needed in the game to differentiate your character. If Armor is the only thing that makes a character different then that is just stupid.