View Single Post
Old 02-03-12, 11:26 AM   #265
Ninja Prime

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs07M6S View Post
Yeah none of it sounded right to me either. Hopefully we get something concrete soon enough though.
There is a little bit of concrete info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianJ
In about 4 hours or so there is a local invite only event where the Green Team CEO will be giving a Q+A session as well as a demo of upcoming Tegra, CUDA and Tesla performance. The preview email gave mention to a smaller process being talked of as well.
Anyone have any ideas for questions they would like to get answered?
And what came of that was this:

Quote:
Some answers for people.
CUDA demo on unspecified live 28nm card vs GTX 580 was roughly 28% faster. No clue again what card. Also showed 580 vs Tesla cards. Depending on how he rates paycheck cycles, either mid march or end of april for the launch.
When asked on the new cards launch date I was told "your next 6 paychecks so save up now." Take it as you will, I'm thinking under 45 days out.
28% faster than GTX 580 in CUDA, probably translates to 20-25% in real world gaming. About where the 7970 launched, though since driver revisions its a bit higher than that now. Depending on how he rates paycheck cycles, either mid march or end of april for the launch.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote