[BUG] 295.09 and 295.17 break X11 DPMS
Bug report: X11 DPMS breaks in both of the recent 295 series NVIDIA Linux x86_64 binary drivers.
Steps to reproduce:
- Run "xset force dpms off" in a terminal
- OR wait until the gnome-settings-daemon idle timer shuts off the display
What should happen:
- The screen blanks, then the backlight turns off. Moving the cursor or typing on the keyboard wakes the screen again.
What actually happens:
- The screen blanks, but the backlight does not turn off. Sometimes, moving the cursor or typing wakes brings back the desktop. Often, however, a terminal switch is required to rescue the desktop.
- Macbook Air 3,2. GeForce 320M chipset, LVDS panel LCD
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric), fully up-to-date plus -proposed but otherwise stock.
- The 290.10 driver works fine
- The screen shuts off as expected if one issues the command "sudo vbetool dpms off" - however, a mode switch is always required to restore the X desktop.
- I'm using the apple_bl kernel module and "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1" to enable backlight brightness control using the keyboard hotkeys. Brightness control still works fine - including at brightness 0, at which the backlight is fully off.
Please find attached a bug report log.