View Single Post
Old 02-08-12, 12:52 AM   #294
shadow001

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
It's still all just conjecture at this stage as Nvidia's have not released any info about these next chips. All we have seen is rumors about what it could be like. Personally, I'm waiting until Kepler is released or solid info from a reliable source. That's when I'll make up my mind which camp I go with next round.

True, but just curious that they're so silent about it and we're almost 2 months since the HD7970 reviews were released on december 9th last year, and one month in actual retail shelves, and best case scenario( if the rumors are to be believed), the first kepler based cards will be released only in april, and it's not the high end version either....

Anyhow, i dug up the power chart under load while playing metro 2033 from the Anantech review of the HD7970 and i was right..It's not really using much more than the HD6970 or HD5870 cards(40 watt spread between the 3), and it's the same system being used apart from the video cards.

shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote