View Single Post
Old 02-11-12, 06:17 AM   #1031
Skinner

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
You really think so? I think the HD 2k textures look dreadful. The textures just all seem to have loads of grain and high contrast, okay the resolution looks higher because of all the spots and scratches, but it looks bad to my eyes. The HD DLC just looks much smoother and realistic to me and also doesn't seem to have any particularly jarring texture transitions that there seem to be on HD 2k.

The real beauty of all this is that we win. More choice = more Charlie Sheen.
Same here, I only use the landscape hd texturepack which looks great and the vegetation pack. The default rocks look better in my yes too, less noise and more realistic texture patterns and the dlc high does look good in most places and it coveres towns and indoor area's which most custom packs don't.

You can also try the no blurry dungeons but the dlc does also a nice job too now.

The game does look great now, but it would be nice if there comes a mod which add POM.
*Intel i7@3,8gHz*Asus P6T Deluxe* 2x Sapphire HD7970 3GB Crossfire *6 GB Corsair Dominator 1600C8*OCZ Vertex 120 GB SSD*adaptec 19160U160*Intel X25 80 GB Quantum Atlas 15KII SCSI U160 147Gig* WD Raptor 300 GB*Apple 24" LED Cinema *X-Fi Titanium*Logitech Z5500*Coolmaster RP 1000W*W7 64 Home *
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote