View Single Post
Old 10-06-02, 05:03 PM   #2
bwkaz

NVdriver is a kernel-level driver that you need to have running in order to access the real hardware of the video card. nvidia_drv.o is an XFree86-level driver that you need running in order to let X be able to use the kernel-level driver (well, more or less). You need them both to be running. Your lsmod output looks completely normal.

If you are having problems (and I couldn't figure out from your post whether or not you are, but I'd guess you are -- some error messages would be helpful), I'd say the problem is probably with the # Load "glx" line in your X config file. This line should not be commented, and it is. Remove the # and restart X to see if that helps. If not, post the error messages you're getting. Or at least post what isn't working (whether you can get X to load, whether it's a program crashing, or what).

Edit: Did you also notice this in your log file?:

Quote:
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TwinView" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "ConnectedMonitor" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "Metamodes" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TVStandard" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TwinViewOrientation" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "IgnoreEDID" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "NoRenderAccel" is not used
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "NvAGP" is not used
It seems that not many of your options were recognized... NvAGP, for one, should be NvAgp (and shouldn't be in the Screen section... it should be in the device section for your video card), and Metamodes should be MetaModes, but the rest of them seem spelled OK -- even if I haven't ever heard of them before. I think the problem is that most of them, actually, are in the wrong section of the file. But I'm not sure where to put them, because I either don't recognize them, or haven't used them myself.
Registered Linux User #219692

Last edited by bwkaz; 10-06-02 at 05:08 PM.
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote