View Single Post
Old 02-21-12, 02:30 PM   #186
Xion X2

Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Air is being drawn from the top radiator and rear one for the CPU's and motherboard water block cooling(4 fans there + 2 pumps), and the rear area right above the video cards, and expelled towards the front where the vertical radiators for the GPU's are located(4 fans and 3 pumps in that loop).....The next step is water jet cutting the side panels and the front door to allow for better airflow and maybe in such a way to allow the installation of more fans.

This is the most complex build i've ever attempted and simply making it look somewhat clean is a challenge given the space constraints and all the hardware involved.
Yeah, I've had monster rigs like yours before and trying to manage cables can be a nightmare. It's a lot easier if you have a workshop where you can drill some holes in some convenient places (unibits work great for this..). I was lucky that mine had lots of cutouts for me to hide wires behind the motherboard tray. I still spent a good 10-12 hours just working on cable management, though. Very tedious process but worth it in the end to me.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote