View Single Post
Old 02-22-12, 10:52 AM   #7
ViN86

Default Re: Ubuntu for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Siri is iPhone 4S specific because that device is likely to have dedicated hardware for it. Or it's to limit the load during the beta phase. Or maybe even a marketing stunt.

In general, Siri is part of iOS 5.
Ubuntu is not part of Android on the other hand. I see it as a standalone feature or a device/hardware feature. Not as an Android feature directly.
Again, you're splitting hairs. Because it's not made by Google it's not an 'Android feature'? Fine, because that doesn't matter when the platform is the only one that can run the feature.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm curious to see if this concept gets adopted quickly. I doubt it. I don't think it's an important or even appealing feature for the mass-market. And companies like Samsung or HTC make mostly consumer devices. Besides, they have their hands full just dealing with the already horrible Android fragmentation. They don't really need another OS to make it even more complex for them.
Well, it depends. They seem to be targeting the productivity market, so mostly business people and the like. Problem is, that market needs Microsoft Office, and current Linux-based Office variants work, but are sub par compared to MS Office itself.

Also, companies don't have as many problems with "Android fragmentation" as you would think. They do like Apple did with older iPhones: declare the product EOL and move on to the next device.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote