View Single Post
Old 12-31-03, 04:27 PM   #31
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Do you test drive a car before you buy

Games are not cars. You are comparing apples an oranges.

Quote:
Im not talking warez, Im talking something that shows how it plays.

They do. Go to their web sites. There is so much marketing, trailers, in-game movies ect. Besides companies have a track record you can follow ie., EA has a very good track record for sports games, there fore it is a pretty good bet you will get a nice product. There is no guarintee you will like the game but with so many puter set ups, consoles and hackers out there it is impossible to make every one happy.

Quote:
Pickyness? Sense when is it picky, to put up $50 for a game, that is suppose to be finished?

There is no guarintee you will like the game but with so many puter set ups, consoles and hackers out there it is impossible to make every one happy. (same sentence applies here.

Quote:
Take 'Enter the Matrix' for instance. It was so buggy on release, some stores sent the games back to the manufacturer. The flaws were show stopping, and the majority of the ppl couldn't even get the game to play.

If that company continues to put out a poor product then they will not be in business long. I don't buy games from certain companies because they have a poor track record of quality.

Quote:
On a sidenote, I dont understand why, at gamestop, that they dont set up a PC to play the new games that come in, like the consoles are setup?
Why should the gamecube, etc, let ppl see what the game is like, before they buy it, and not us PC gamers?

Bring this up to them. Maybe they will look into it and see if will help sales. I wager it doesn't help sales other wise they would have a system set up for demos. I know they used to have one set up. Too many people would crash it. The employees spend most the time fixing the demo system. Still bring this idea up to them and see how it goes.

Quote:
You must read what I have typed, before you start making major leaps in conclusions about what Im talking about.

I wouldn't have replied to you if I didn't read your post.

Your over all point was in a round about way justifying leaks. I took the opposite position. Just because I disagree with you does not mean I didn't read your post or not understand it.

Quote:
I think it's a bunch of hog wash that we have to accept an unfinished product, because of 'copyright' laws. What about the laws that protect my $50 from crap!!!

I was responding to the above quote when I said this.. "You have no right to play a game before it is released. It is stealing. If we ignore copywright laws then why don't we ignore tax laws, murder, rape ect. You are justifying your impatients."

Last edited by UDawg; 12-31-03 at 04:41 PM.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote