View Single Post
Old 02-29-12, 09:06 PM   #12
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Doom 4 leaked screenshots

I know what to expect graphics wise, maybe a bit better than RAGE at best. I'm fine with that. I just hope it has nice atmosphere and gameplay.

I replayed Doom 2 a few months ago and I was thinking about a new Doom with a similar art style and if that could be well received. Something like SS3 I guess, but a little more polished. Perhaps even purposely making environment lighting akin to as it was in the original titles, because honestly, the effect it had was really eerie.

I know they always like to move forward with technology and re-imagine their franchises with each generation, but to me with where we are now I'm just seeing the same Doom3 type look over and over. I really think going for a retro look in the way of colour pallet, lighting, and enemy and level design (inspired from at least) could really be successful. Obviously expanded upon somewhat, just in the same vein as the original titles, as a homage almost, but still using up to date tech. I understand that much of what created the feel of the original game was down to the limitations, but to me that surreal environment is exactly what made me fall in love with the games.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote