View Single Post
Old 03-01-12, 08:43 PM   #23
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Doom 4 leaked screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
it looks nothing like doom3... not even remotely close. troll more.

Seriously if anyone actually thinks those screen shots (if they are) look bad... just gtfo. There are high rated games released today on pc that do much worse.
Calm down. To me the atmosphere of the indoors shots looks like Doom3. Especially the shaders, which like rage, still look like improved Doom3 shaders. I guess that's either a technical limitation or an art direction type thing. When trying to imagine these shots as a finished game (with a gun and enemies) all I can think of is Doom3 style. That's probably just my limitations, I didn't mean to condemn the game but I guess it came across that way. Personally I wish they'd go a little less serious with the art direction of the demons but seeing this I doubt they will.

The shots look good to me, very RAGE like but definitely better and the change in setting is noticeable.

I agree with you that this is obviously what they wanted Hell on Earth to be, but couldn't come close to because of limitations. Hell, they couldn't even make it seem like earth really I still have a soft spot for that old surreal atmosphere, and anything else just doesn't seem like doom. That's where I'm coming from when I say it's too much like Doom3, I guess any modern interpretation of Doom will be, I had just hoped they may go for something more like SS3. But I guess that wouldn't be very id like.

My other gripe with these screens is the setting in time. It looks very much modern day. What happened to the futuristic setting? Has this got something to do with the rumored movie re-do?

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote