View Single Post
Old 01-01-04, 01:40 AM   #21
cwall64

Send a message via Yahoo to cwall64

Quote:
Originally posted by SnapIT
OK, for all of you who are not slackheads or debian freaks, the drivers have been pre-released in the latest SUSE-64...

If you want to you can use the agp driver from SUSE, it is a notch newer than slacks, and about 50 bazillions newer than Debians, if you do not track...

The roadmap hasn't changed though, the stable release will be within two months, i suggest you sit back and wait unless you really, REALLY need 64 bit mode on your driver...
SnapIT,
Forgive me but I don't follow the point, I am using SuSE 9.0 for AMD64 with a 5600U, nvidia driver 4499 and I am still having the AGP issues. It will run in PCI mode, but I have constant screen lockups. If I use Option "NvAGP" "2" it will find agp at 8X, but blank/black screen when Nvidia splash image loads (SSH in to see the logs). I am using the newly free ftp version of SuSE - maybe it is lacking this driver?

Chris