View Single Post
Old 03-12-12, 12:26 PM   #39
LurkerLito

Default Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Finished the game last night.

Loved it up until the last 15 minutes. The ending is horrendous (ANY of the endings suck, they're all virtually the same anyway). No matter what it's a phyrric victory. If your Readiness is high enough, that is, if you played enough multiplayer (which is pretty fun actually), Shepard might live at the end. I didn't get my readiness high enough apparently. Still, it didn't bother me that Shepard dies, but that no matter what the entire mass relay system is destroyed and every alien species' military is essentially stranded on Earth indefinitely. And for some reason the Normandy is zooming through space and crash lands on some random "garden world". Wasn't the Normandy just fighting Reapers above Earth moments before?

Same here. I finished it last night and ...

I didn't like the ending. I mean I think the worst part about it is, your paragon/renegade rating didn't really contribute at all to your ending. I always thought that if you were to either go out of your way to be paragon or renegade, the ending wouldn't allow you to go opposite way just for the end after you crossed some threshold.

Also IIRC, only synthesis destroys the ME Relays or did I miss something? I chose the blue ending because after all that exposition explaining the choices, the only ending my Shepard would chose is controlling the Reapers and removing them. The ME Relays would remain in tact so as to not ruin the lives of everyone in the Galaxy and leave all these races fighting near earth stranded there. Synthesis was too costly a choice because it was forcing your ideals onto people by rewriting their DNA, then disabling the entire galaxy by destroying the ME Relays was an unacceptable option. Killing the Reapers wasn't an option for my Shepard since doing so would mean genocide for all synthetic beings like the Geth and Edi.

What else can you do to raise your Military readiness? I am pretty sure I did almost every quest, and explored most systems to 100% or close to it (missed getting some fuel tank wreckage here and there) and I was only at about 3200

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote