View Single Post
Old 03-13-12, 06:04 AM   #116
Cylphid

Default Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Our company tries real hard to stay on top of the tech game, so we will install it just mainly to be familiar with it. Most guys won't take the time to keep a VM on hand for fun.

I'm not sure if we will recommend it or not, but I'm sure that people will go out to their Best Buy stores, buy the cheapest thing and expect it to work perfectly on their corporate network. We still gotta support it.

Either way, I think Win8 will do just fine once users get used to it. It's basically Win7 with the Metro UI. And heck, find a way to disable Metro and you'll have a rocking OS.
Yep, I think we're both on the same page here.

I do have to say I should have installed it before saying anything negative as I did earlier.

The learning curve for anyone who only knows "click orb" is going to be steep.

Personally, I'm impressed - my first impressions were faster than 7, smooth, easy on the eyes and it recognized just about everything hardware wise in my G74sx. I have some Asus specific drivers to install for the fn keys, but heck, it installed just about ready to go. Win 7 needed a bit more.

I'll give this a fair shake, glad I installed it now. Oh - it's super fast on a 7200rpm scorpio, I wish I had a spare SSD hanging around....

EDIT: Forgot to mention - making the shutdown/restart/logoff button easier to access would be a plus
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote