View Single Post
Old 03-13-12, 11:20 AM   #45
LurkerLito

Default Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Actually the more I think about it the more I hate the ending. Really kind of ruins the entire series for me.
Agreed. While I was playing ME3, I was thinking after I finish this I need to finish off my female Shepard play through of ME2 and go through ME3 again, but now I kind of just don't want to anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Earth gets destroyed if you have a low readiness. Which actually doesn't make much sense since the Red Glow is meant to destroy Synthetic life, why would it destroy the planet earth because you have fewer ships in orbit. The crucible has to provide more power because there are more alive reapers in orbit? Sorry don't buy it.

Also agreed about normandy, why would they have flown off? Taken a mass relay to get out of there? Granted they might not be sure what the wave does but it doesn't seem like a choice joker or edi would make

Deus Ex may have had a few push button endings but it had some different movies at the end to reflect the different outcomes. ME3 just has a different color and a few small changes. There are certain aspects before the end movies I enjoyed, but I think the real lack of options, the lack of your previous choices having any real effect on things makes it a poor ending

I have to agree the destruction of the planet at a low readiness doesn't seem right. I didn't get this ending where the earth was destroyed but I can't see how readiness could affect the destruction of the planet. Honestly wouldn't having a higher readiness mean an increase chance of the planet being destroyed cause it took you so long to get back with help?

The Normandy was running away is what it looked like to me and honestly if they were in the fight I can't see them having had the time to get to the ME Relay to be caught up by the energy wave. This made me feel worse about the ending, it made the Normandy crew seem like cowards. I didn't take Ashley, my love interest, on my team, but she was on Earth before the battle so was pretty much every other person who could be on my team including Edi's body. And yet both Ashley and Edi are on the Normandy at the end when it crashes, and it makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
Pretty sure it's impossible to get the "best" ending or the ending with the "choices" without playing multiplayer. Got my galactic readiness to 92% and only just got enough effective assets to be able to choose the endings / best ending. I didn't necessarily hate the end I got but I think they could have done it a lot better and at the very least, made the different endings....different.
I think I read that one of the developers said it was possible to get all the endings without playing multiplayer, but it is just easier to do with multiplayer than without it.

I didn't play multiplayer at all but I got enough assets to be able to choose between the 3 different endings and the earth was not destroyed in any of them.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote