View Single Post
Old 03-16-12, 05:59 PM   #30
Rakeesh

Default Re: Diablo 3 PVP dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Any guesses on how much this DLC will cost us? You know their not going to provide it for free... They will make some bull**** excuse like they did with Starcraft, "oh we just had some much content that we had to make it a separate product!" This is thanks to all those who bought that 1/3 game called Starcraft 2.
If you are expecting PVP, you shouldn't be playing a blizzard game. Just look at wow, wow's PVP is terrible. I should know, when I played wow I was consistently in the top 1% of all players. Had all of the best gear in the game and knew all of the tricks. And when I look at wow pvp vs other games, it's downright terrible.

There's virtually no depth whatsoever. Regardless of what class/spec people play, they all tend to have their talents organized the same, so it is very much a cookie cutter system. I've looked at what changes they are planning in bringing to MoP, and they won't do a damn thing to address that problem, instead they'll just make the problem look different.

Wow PVP mechanics are also brutally simple. It's basically about preventing the other player from doing anything at all. Seriously I've never played any game other than wow which is built so heavily around crowd control.

And then if that's not bad enough, blizzard ALWAYS leaves flavor of the month specs or comps that totally demolish anything else. They'll admit when its a problem, but they don't do anything about it for 5 months. Look at mages right now, ridiculous amount of crowd control, they admit its a problem, and say they won't fix it until the next expansion. And then when they do fix it, they usually over fix it and gimp whatever they were trying to nerf, and then call it balanced. There's another FOTM spec to take its place after that, which stays broken for another 5 months.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except in order to get anywhere in wow pvp, you pretty much have to do just arena, which places class imbalances under a microscope. Sure they created rated BG's, but good luck organizing them because most people are too busy raiding. And even if you can arrange them, they are extremely boring and repetitive. World PVP was the only reason I played wow for as long as I did, and then they screwed that too by basically turning all of the guards into carebears, effectively making PVP and PVE servers not very different from one another.

Again I need to emphasize, blizzard does not know a DAMN THING about producing a good pvp game.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote