View Single Post
Old 03-18-12, 03:19 PM   #39
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Diablo 3 PVP dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Because at that time I found a sword that did far more dmg then my fists and their wraps did so I thought it would increase my DPS. If they never intended for a monk to use a sword why allow them to equip them and show how poor the animation system is in the game? Diablo 2 didn't allow classes to equip items that were not intended for them.

I think this is a horrible successor to Diablo 2 which was amazing. They went backwards on a lot of aspects. The only complaint I can't make is regarding the graphics which I do enjoy actually.
I can understand your complain about the animations not being unique for each weapon type, that's fair. But I just don't see it being a huge deal for the game as a whole. There were plently of builds in D2 which focused on only one weapon type, even though you could equip other weapons.

In what other ways do you think Diablo 3 is a horrible successor? I have to admit, aside from the cleaner presentation, I enjoy the feel of playing Diablo 3 much more than Diablo 2. Which aspects did they backslide on? Just to clarify, I like that they removed a lot of the level-up aspects of D2, I always felt they were unnecessary, like stat allocation and passive talents. Not that customization is bad, but I felt like once you really learned the game, the cookie cutter builds outperformed anything else, much like in WoW, but you couldn't respec or anything (though I guess you can now since 1.13?).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote